Bear Mountain

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Weather: Rainy
Temperature: 54 F (12 C)


I went hiking last Sunday. Bear Mountain is about 45 minutes from New York City by car. It was very beautiful! The hike was difficult, but the mountain was full of autumn leaves. The people who hiked with me were all former JET Participants, in a group called the JET Alumni Association of New York.

Do you know why I went hiking? It was my 27th birthday on Sunday. After hiking, I went to eat sushi with some friends from Teachers College. It was a long day, but it was really fun!

* * * * *

Have you heard of Wikipedia? It's an online encyclopedia. Anybody can write or edit an article. Wikipedia is written in many languages. One of the languages is called "Simple English." You can use the Simple English wiki to practice reading English. Can you find an article on your hometown? If you can't, maybe you should write one!

No comments: